[Cerowrt-devel] CeroWrt-3.10.28-14 dev build released

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Wed Feb 19 19:19:56 EST 2014

Hi Dave,

On Feb 20, 2014, at 00:29 , Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:

> Get it at:

	Already installed ;) (rebooting just now, as I made all my changes and want my rc.local run..)

> http://snapon.lab.bufferbloat.net/~cero2/cerowrt/wndr/3.10.28-14/
>
> + all known instruction traps killed
> + build almost entirely replicatable now
> + package set almost equivalent to pre 3.10.28 releases
> + squid added as an optional package
> + dnssec support for dnsmasq enabled by default
> + ohybridproxy, mdnsresponder, mdnsd packages optional, not very usable
>  frankly, sorting this out is going to take a meeting at ietf homenet
> + ipv6 tunneling at the same time as native fixed
> + multiple routing bugs squashed
>  (but not clear if default routes are right)
> + pie v4 and ns2/Xfq_codel re-incorporated
> + some sctp support added
> + pimd apparently fixed (tested with uftp, pimd -r)
> + fixdaemons script obsoleted

	I had the feeling that SQM did not start automatically, as none of its output made it into the log (so log read came up empty for SQM debug messages), but "tc -d qdisc" confirmed that all is well, so that is purely cosmetic...

> + upnpd and natpmp hopefully mostly fixed
> + usb filesystems tested

	Confirmed, works, for swap and for storage (I only tested mounting by partition, since I can not remember UUIDs)

> + gpsd 3.10 (pushed to openwrt also)
> + sysupgrade was fixed a few releases back
>  (please use sysupgrade -n on this release and get a fresh config)
> + jffs2 version produced (untested)

	I notice you did some clean up and it looks like the writable roots space got larger (by ~1MB, so that looks quite significant)

> A huge thanks for the timely intervention by multiple googlers in
> donating some badly needed compute resources. A thanks also to
> Sebastian for some new SQM work, Gabor Juhos for finding the last
> instruction traps (and blogic/cyrus for fixing it), Simon Kelly for
> continuing to make dnsmasq great(er), Toke for beating up dnssec,
> #openwrt, #bufferbloat...
>
> ... and all you lovely, patient, users.
>
> The negatives are few, minor, but pesky.
>
> - package signing still broken
> - could use an update to shaperprobe for mlab support
> - No nsec3 support in dnssec
> - probable issues with ntp time fetching verses dnssec
> - no procd support for babbled
> - no bcp38
> - concerned about missing usb and 3g device functionality
>  anybody got a HUWEI device?
> - if you have dns issues please share them here.
>  dnssec can be disabled via commenting out two lines
>  we also still have issues in using dns with multiple
>  upstreams. Fixes in pipeline.

	So far no DNS issues, it just works, also I ran netalyzr to exercise the DNS a bit and no errors or messages in either log read or dmesg … so knock on wood. But since my network is not multi-homed I guess that was expected...

> - concerned about other source specific routing issues
>  particularly interop with tinc, openvpn and strongswan,
>  and what happens when interface ipv6 addrs change
> - need to benchmark and improve wifi some more
> - should probably switch to pre-compiling luci web interface
> - haven't looked into ht40+ issues (HT20 is pretty good)

	Country DE, channel 44 HT40+, works, I get link rates that clearly show 40MHz channels in use.

> - needs to stay UP for a while before I'm willing to freeze
>
> Not a lot of this really matters...
>
> I'm hoping this is the best release we've had since
> the comcast disasters. Go forth and test.

	So far, or rather so short, my testing shows no obvious showstoppers in this release...

> I HAVE NOT tested it as a home gateway. I will try to do so before
> saturday. Feel free to beat me to it.
>
> I will try to get out *one* more release before I leave for Britain
> next week.

	Thanks again for all your work in fixing everybody's internet.

Best Regards
	Sebastian