[Cerowrt-devel] VDSL

Rich Brown richb.hanover at gmail.com
Sat Jan 11 12:55:48 EST 2014

HI Sebastian,

> 	Well, that looks like a decent recommendation for the wiki. The SQM configuration page still needs to expose all three values, atm, ethernet, and  none so that people can actually change things...

So two questions really:

1) (From my previous note) What’s the difference between the current “Ethernet” (for VDSL) and “None” link layer adaptations?

2) When we distinguish the Ethernet/VDSL case, I would really like to use a different name from “Ethernet” because it seems confusingly similar to  having a real Ethernet path/link (e.g., direct connection to internet backbone without any ADSL, cable modem, etc.)

Thanks.

Rich