[Cerowrt-devel] going down the todo list/New GUI

Rich Brown richb.hanover at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 21:07:49 EST 2014

On Jan 19, 2014, at 11:11 AM, Fred Stratton <fredstratton at imap.cc> wrote:

> I would point out that changing theme is likely to give Rich Brown great difficulty, as it renders his wiki page obsolete.

Yes, but... It's easy to make screen shots, and the new GUI is very nice. It works great in a browser.

However, I have found some problems with the new GUI. Here's my initial observation:

- The page needs a bit more padding on the left and right when the window gets narrow. (see the screen shots at http://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/cerowrt/wiki/Setting_up_SQM_for_CeroWrt_310 ) The headers (e.g., "Active Queue Management" and "Queues") feel a bit cramped, and increasing the whitespace on the margin by a few pixels would let it breathe.

- With several pages, making the window narrow (as would happen with a phone) causes the black header to take up twice the space because the menu items wrap to two lines. This is exacerbated by a "Auto Refresh On" button in the menu bar of other pages that takes up valuable space.

- The menu items that drop down (e.g., Network -> SQM) can't always be clicked/tapped in certain phone/tablet devices. In my limited testing, iOS devices seemed to work, Android devices didn't. Sigh.

I wonder how to report them (and to whom?) Thanks.

Rich