[Cerowrt-devel] Comcast specific Cerowrt-3.10.26-7: another "too exciting for me" unrelease

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sat Jan 25 12:14:40 EST 2014

On Sat, Jan 25, 2014 at 12:09 PM, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 25, 2014 at 11:57 AM, Jim Reisert AD1C
> <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu> wrote:
>> On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 10:06 AM, Dave Taht wrote:
>>
>>> I still recomend that everyone on comcast & not running this release do this.
>>
>> I'm up!
>
> And hopefully you'll stay up. :)

I just ping6'd you and you were up briefly and not now.

>> http://test-ipv6.comcast.net/
>>
>> Your IPv4 address on the public internet appears to be 76.25.42.131
>>
>> Your IPv6 address on the public internet appears to be
>> 2601:1:8a80:932:bc99:de2f:7f93:455f
>
> You will want to lock down some passwords, and restrict access
> to your own subnets. One thing not done is any form

of adding ipv6 to the xined daemon, by default it restricts
access to ipv4 natted hosts only. (so the router is very secure).

I wouldn't mind if you added a line to /etc/xinet.d/netserver
to let me try a rrul test from here:

only_from = 172.16.0.0/12 149.20.63.30 2001:4f8:3:203::c001

(this is the snapon test server)

Commonly insecure ports like windows filesharing are blocked on ipv6
and ipv4 from the public internet, already.