[Cerowrt-devel] upnpd problem semi-solved

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 10:06:01 EST 2014

I have been gradually realizing that solving all the problems highly
dynamically assigned native
ipv6 brings us is not going to get solved this week, or this year.

anyway, I am still working on stablizing comcast specific stuff here:

http://snapon.lab.bufferbloat.net/~cero2/cerowrt/wndr/comcast/3.10.28-4/

but since tunnels don't go boom it's more suitable for general use...

improvements since the last time I talked about anything:

+ rngd, polipo, ahcpd, pimd, both web servers, - moved to procd
+ upnpd updated and at least partially fixed
+ babeld logs to /dev/null

hopefully this should stop running out of memory and flash.

+ tunnelling headaches sorta solved
  we no longer spin out of control when establishing an he tunnel
  while a native ipv6 session is active

- tunneling headaches
  but a ton of things don't work either, like dns
  advise: tunnel or run native, not both
             turn off sourcerouting for tunnels (as yet)
- ipv6 dynamic headaches
  poor integration with ahcp, dhcp-pd, etc
  (and I only get a /60 from comcast)
  (and a reboot of the router led to getting new addresses
   assigned and caused chaos through my ahcpd'd
   and dhcp-pd'd testbed)

- a source of unaligned instruction traps found but not fixed

https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/14868

The trap occurs during the call to SyS_prlimit64.
Didn't see anything obvious that said "I'm
possibly unaligned, fixme"

- package signing broke a few releases back
  disabled here. ENOTIME.

- babeld not moved to procd
- babeld fails to detect a channel on AP wireless interfaces.
- haven't necessarily got all the ucitrack dependencies right overall
- still no mosh on the router...

in other news, ipv6 support has landed for mosh, upstream
dropbear is adding support for TOS setting, and
I actually saw dnsmasq doing dnssec validation without crashing (on x86).

I am overjoyed to finally have ipv6 support for mosh upstream. Now I
can finally go e2e with it and leave a ton of connections nailed up.

https://github.com/keithw/mosh

note: ipv6 support requires a newer perl library than the previous generation of
mosh, libio-socket-ip-perl.