[Cerowrt-devel] Router ssh access unavailable on custom build

Michael Richardson mcr at sandelman.ca
Sun Jul 6 17:34:58 EDT 2014

Ranga Krishnan <ranga at eff.org> wrote:
    > Appreciate any suggestions debugging the problem below.

    > I finally flashed a build I made onto the router and it seems to boot fine and
    > is broadcasting the two SSIDs I programed into it but I cant ssh into the
    > router,
    > neither through wireless nor an ethernet cable.

So I had this problem for along time and I finally figured out that it was
because I had two routes to my cerowrt, and my desktop usually picked the one
where it's origin address was not in 172.30.42.1/27, but that IP was in fact
still reachable...

    > $:OpenWireless ranga$ ssh root at 172.30.42.1
    > ssh: connect to host 172.30.42.1 port 22: Connection refused

    > All ports except 53 seem to be blocked. Even the webserver
    > we have running on 80/443 is not responding.

Well, I had web access to the device.
You'll have to get the 3.3V USB connector, I think.
I ordered 10 from AliExpress a few weeks ago... I haven't a clue if they are
easy to add or no.