[Cerowrt-devel] How much disk space is required to build cero?

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at toke.dk
Wed Jul 16 08:44:41 EDT 2014

Maciej Soltysiak <maciej at soltysiak.com> writes:

> Can anyone tell me, roughly, how much disk space is required to build
> cero nowadays?

$ du -hs /build/cerowrt/{wndr,sources}
19G	/build/cerowrt/wndr
1,3G	/build/cerowrt/sources

This includes the produced binaries and the source files. The size
depends on which packages you build, of course.

> I understand the instructions [1] are still valid.

Pretty sure that they're not. You're better off following the openwrt
build instructions and just substituting the cerowrt repo(s) for the
relevant openwrt ones. There's also a 'cerobuild.sh' script in the
scripts/ dir of the cerowrt source tree which will try to initialise
things, but it's probably a bit out of date. In particular, the package
repositories have moved; there was a mail on the list about that not too
long ago. :)

-Toke