[Cerowrt-devel] squashing dscp on sqm-scripts and the sqm gui

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 03:45:21 EDT 2014

Some take it as a given that people ignore and/or reset the dscp values
on inbound access to a given domain. Well, that's largely not the case.

Although the sqm system has long had support for rewriting the dscp
field on ingress, and ignoring them in the shaper, it A) didn't work,
and B) didn't have gui support. So I've added that to ceropackages and
if all goes well, it will be in the next release. It's still a little
dicy as to how this interacts with the firewall rules but I'm not in a
position to test that. So I've pushed out the new scripts to
ceropackages.

Secondly, it apparently didn't work right on respecting the ingress
dscp values either! so that's fixed also.

Something that I don't think is entirely fixed is what happens to the
iptables rules when you change one of these parameters and reload sqm.

NSFW: https://w2.eff.org/Censorship/Internet_censorship_bills/russell_0296_indecent.article