[Cerowrt-devel] I've always liked the idea of doing up building-wide networks

David Lang david at lang.hm
Fri Jul 18 19:25:02 EDT 2014

On Fri, 18 Jul 2014, Dave Taht wrote:

> ... In particular when it came to getting minimal interference on all
> the wifi access points. It is better to have fewer, better wifi APs
> with a co-ordinated channel allocation strategy in an apartment
> building than everybody installing one willy-nilly.

the key is the co-ordinated channel allocation, beyond that it can be better to
have more, "worse" wifi APs than fewer "better" ones to reduce interference.

> http://www.frankston.com/public/?name=20140717-0146

looks interesting

> BTW: When I find an interesting link, these days, I tend to just put
> it on my g+ rather than the email lists, and tend to feel I'm wasting
> other people's bandwidth by doing it on the list - although sometimes
> a good discussion is sparked. Should I stop forwarding stuff like this
> (and the mit paper) to the list?

to the list, even if it's a link I don't care about, it's easier to delete it
along with other e-mail than to go to G+ and look at it.

Also, remember that people's G+ feeds show a sampling of what other people post,
so some people will miss it if you only post it to G+

David Lang