[Cerowrt-devel] cerowrt-3.10.48-2 released

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Fri Jul 25 14:04:45 EDT 2014

Regarding my DNS problems.....

I tried flashing back to 3.10.44-6 but the DNS problems persisted.  So
I cracked open /etc/config/network to discover I was using Google's
DNS servers:

config interface ge00
        option 'ifname' 'ge00'
        option 'proto'  'dhcp'
        option 'dns' '8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4'
        option 'peerdns' '0'

I then tried the OpenDNS servers, but the problems still continued.
Finally, I went back to the Comcast DNS servers (my ISP):

config interface ge00
        option 'ifname' 'ge00'
        option 'proto'  'dhcp'
        option 'dns' '75.75.75.75 75.75.76.76'
        option 'peerdns' '0'

Things seemed to be much better after that.

I then re-flashed 3.10.48-2 and the problems were still gone.

I don't know why all of a sudden trying to use non-Comcast DNS servers
became a problem.  I wonder if has something to do with IPV6.  But I'm
leaving things as-is now.

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us