[Cerowrt-devel] CeroWrt 3.10.50-1 field report
richb.hanover at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 22:51:08 EDT 2014
Comments on the CeroWrt 3.10.50-1 build that I installed on my WNDR3700v2 primary router:
• Seemed to install and configure properly (I dl’d the updated version with the lighthttpd fix)
• I used a local copy of config-cerowrt.sh (from https://github.com/richb-hanover/CeroWrtScripts#config-cerowrtsh) to configure the router to have my own DSL user/pw, SSID names, etc.
• mDNS seems to work across subnets. (I don’t think that it worked properly for the last few CeroWrt releases)
• The first time I looked, /usr/lib/CeroWrtScripts didn’t seem to have been updated with the latest from github.com (see link above). But I looked again (after a reboot, and running the config-cerowrt.sh script, and another reboot (maybe something else)), and the script matches the github version… Not sure how that could have happened.
• Debloating seems to be working as expected. netperf-wrapper with RRUL shows a jump from 60 to 80 msec (normal on my 7mbps/768kbps DSL link). The plot is at: http://richb-hanover.com/cerowrt-3-10-50-1-field-report/
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 496 bytes
Desc: Message signed with OpenPGP using GPGMail
More information about the Cerowrt-devel