[Cerowrt-devel] wndr3800ch model - .config or something needed please

Peter Lewis pllewis72 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 21:49:39 EDT 2014

Hello,

My apologies for coming here and not being an official dev.

Because this is not a normal wndr3800 but the wndr3800ch model, the
packages built do not work to flash.

If found the following via google:
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.embedded.cerowrt.devel/3052

Essentially, it said all you need to do is add the wndr3800ch to the
Makefile in 2 places.  I've done a bit of compiling in my day so I gave it
a shot.

I did a git clone https://github.com/dtaht/cerowrt-3.10.git to get the
lastest.  Edited the Makefiles as described and followed the instructions
per the README.  All compiled beautifully.  I used the default .config as
didn't see any addition things in make menuconfig that'd be needed.

I found the squashfs was only 2.9M but did create the correct file for the
device.

-rw-r--r-- 1 plewis plewis 2.9M Jul 31 18:23
openwrt-ar71xx-generic-wndr3800ch-squashfs-factory.img

I was able to successfully flash this img file and get openwrt installed. I
know there are a ton of ipk packages missing as to even start, I had to
telnet in.  I connected and added luci to get the webUI up.  Its missing
most of the cerowrt packages.  The first package I tried to add was the sqm
packages.  Not there.

I know I'm missing a bunch.

To start, I'm just looking for a good .config that includes all the cerowrt
base packages.  Any other instructions would be a bonus. I could be on the
wrong course here and its really a feeds.conf issue and I need to add in
additional feeds.

The latest build instructions are for the 3.3 kernel and not 3.10.

Please be kind and let me know if I should move this to cerowrt-users.  I
figured compiling was a little higher level than the users mailing list.

Cheers to this project,
Pete

--
Peter Lewis