[Cerowrt-devel] cerowrt_stability?

Török Edwin edwin+ml-cerowrt at etorok.net
Sat Jun 7 08:38:22 EDT 2014

On 06/06/2014 05:46 PM, Dave Taht wrote:
> 1)how many are encountering bug 442 regularly?
> Getting it to occur is hard for me. I've only seen in once in the last
> several weeks, jg can have it happen inside of two days. It mostly
> seems to occur in conditions of poor signal strength, near as I can tell.
> 2) aside from that, how are things?

I am quite happy with 3.10.40-5, although I might try -6 soon as apparently that has a new dnsmasq.
I don't use wireless that often these days anymore, so I can't say about that bug.
I didn't have troubles with DNSSEC with the default config.
IPv6 works reliably too, in fact it is too reliable :) It happened once that I DHCP/IPv4 was broken, but IPv6 still worked.

There are just 2 strange things that weren't reproducible [1], sorry that I can't give you more than anecdotal evidence:
1.  I booted the router, the interface went up, I read my email, tried to search on startpage.com, but it was down (or so I thought),
so I searched google, but then none of the links in google work ... ah there is no IPV4 address ...
  Running DHCP didn't give me anything, and manually setting an IP address on eth0 didn't help either as I wasn't able to ping / ssh the router on IPv4
(and apparently ssh doesn't work on IPv6, might be my fault though)
  I was able to open the web interface on IPv6, tried restarting dnsmasq but that didn't fix things, so I just rebooted the router and then it worked.

2. At some point my internet speed and latency become very bad. I don't know if this was due to the fault of my ISP or not, but a reboot fixed it.

A ping looked like this (over an ethernet connection):
PING www.google.com ( 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from muc03s08-in-f20.1e100.net ( icmp_seq=1 ttl=55 time=2467 ms
64 bytes from muc03s08-in-f20.1e100.net ( icmp_seq=2 ttl=55 time=2502 ms
64 bytes from muc03s08-in-f20.1e100.net ( icmp_seq=3 ttl=55 time=2349 ms

The good news is that I had a VoIP call running at the time, and I could still understand everyone, in fact I only noticed 
something was wrong when I finished the call and people told me I was very lagged with my replies.
I think thats a success for cerowrt's SQM, that voip was still able to work even on a very lagged and slow line :)

P.S. I use a variation of the attached script to configure my router, which is based on the script from the wiki.

Best regards,
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: script.sh
Type: application/x-shellscript
Size: 7001 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <https://lists.bufferbloat.net/pipermail/cerowrt-devel/attachments/20140607/82c6e281/attachment-0002.bin>

More information about the Cerowrt-devel mailing list