[Cerowrt-devel] cerowrt-3.10.44-3 released

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 21:44:35 EDT 2014

3.10.44-2 was something of a disaster, so I recut it, and
have been using 3.10.44-3 as my main gw for an hour or so...

+ all homewrt stuff ripped out
+ huge resync with openwrt head
   among many other things this includes a lot of rework of the wifi drivers
   which may have some influence on bug 442
   update to iproute2
   many updates all across the board
+ sqm fixed to work with modern luci (thx Magnus Olsson!)
+ Rich Brown's cerowrt-scripts installed for the first time by default -
   bug: they need to have -4 or -6 specified for certain targets, and
two of the targets in circulation
   are not responding to netperf (try netperf-west.bufferbloat.net)

   It could use a gui for running the test and displaying the results...

- tested for all of 5 minutes
- it is possible to switch dns servers from odhcp to dnsmasq and vice
versa via changing maindhcp in /etc/config/dhcp (not tested)
+ conflict between avahi-daemon and mdns. mdns is now optional.

- the hnetd, mdns, and mdnsproxy work is still in progress, and these
daemons are built but not installed by default. And installing them
leads to major system instability, so don't do that unless you are
prepared to debug over a serial port and factory reflash.

I would generally discourage everyone from installing this as your
main router, but I know how effective that is. Certainly if you are
experiencing wifi hangs this is worth trying.

NSFW: https://w2.eff.org/Censorship/Internet_censorship_bills/russell_0296_indecent.article