[Cerowrt-devel] parallella shop reopens friday

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 20:32:01 EDT 2014

I have followed the saga of parallella since the initial kickstarter.

(Their saga of struggles, failures, and successes have been a key
factor in dissuading me from trying to take a cerowrt-like product
commercial)

but it's very nifty hardware, and it looks like the floodgates are
starting to open...

"We expect to sell out very quickly, so if you are interested in
purchasing, we suggest you bookmark (http://shop.adapteva.com) and
place an order at 1pm, EST Friday June 27."

I just got one (thank you frank!), and might get another. I don't
really have a ton of time right now to fiddle with 'em, aside from
tossing off a BQL'd driver maybe. In the longer term I'm rather
interested in prototyping various forms of ethernet hardware, and
perhaps leveraging something like this:

http://cseweb.ucsd.edu/~gmporter/papers/nsdi14-senic.pdf

and one day moving on to do wireless.

What would *you* do with 18 cores, and a fat fpga?

NSFW: https://w2.eff.org/Censorship/Internet_censorship_bills/russell_0296_indecent.article