[Cerowrt-devel] CeroWRT and "FTTN" 50/10 VDSL2 (aka "FIBE")

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 16:15:24 EDT 2014

On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 12:37 PM, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 3:48 PM, Michael Richardson <mcr at sandelman.ca> wrote:
>>
>> On Monday I had VDSL2 installed at my home office.
>>
>> 50Mb/s down, 10Mb/s up from storm.ca. Native IPv6, but as far as I can tell,
>> they aren't speaking DHCPv6; anyway I kept my /56 from my previous
>
> Cool. I note that the wndr3800 runs out of horsepower at about 50mbit/10.

And when I say that, I mean it. HTB eats all the cpu, leaving nothing
for wifi , wifi crypto, the web interface, etc, at these rates. I have
long been looking for something more efficient than htb without much
luck.

So assuming your downstream bloat isn't "bad", and you stick with cero
on this interface, I'd disable the downstream rate limiter entirely
(set it to 0), and just use sqm on the upstream. It is increasingly
hard to hit the higher bandwidth limits with normal traffic.

(but I'd love a rrul measurement all the same... )