[Cerowrt-devel] namebench - dns testing tool

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 15:00:27 EDT 2014

dnsmasq is now doing a few more lookups than it used to. This is a good
test to stress it out. I note that the algorithm for determining the "best"
dns server in this test is not what I'd chose - it chooses the best "average"
as near as I can tell, and the difference in performance between a local
dns server and a remote one is .8ms vs 32ms on the test I just ran - so
I'll take .8 30% of the time rather than 32ms all the time.

Still, a pretty comprehensive test, and I enjoyed watching all the
queries go by without a crash or observable memory growth in dnsmasq.

works on mac, windows, and linux (And is written in python)

https://code.google.com/p/namebench/

still looking for a high performance dnssec validation testing tool