[Cerowrt-devel] cerowrt-3.10.32-9 released

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 15:58:28 EDT 2014

Get it at:

http://snapon.lab.bufferbloat.net/~cero2/cerowrt/wndr/3.10.32-9/

I've been running this a few days now with no problems.

+ resync with openwrt head
+ upnp (when enabled) works with a yamaha receiver, torrent, and a few
other things
+ with no ipv6, 0 unaligned instruction traps
+ Latest SQM code
+ Latest dnsmasq with dnssec enabled
+ everything rolled up from the comcast releases

- untested with ipv6 as yet
- haven't tried blue-ray
- My nexus-4 still fails to get an address at 5ghz (but felix's
succeeds) so I'm going to assume
there's something wrong with my nexus-4. A newer nexus-7 works
correctly. There were a ton
of noise rejection patches from openwrt head that made it into this release...
-

It looks like you can increase the dnsmasq cache to 9999 and improve
the hit rate
on the namebench test without impacting memory much. Not that
namebench is representative.
And various test sites for dnssec return green.

In other plus's: a whole bunch of vm boxes were donated by google and
after a bit of fiddling by travis yesterday the build cluster is in
the best shape I've ever seen it.

http://buildbot.openwrt.org:8010/buildslaves

It's my hope that by speeding up build cycle time this will make
openwrt head much more stable,
and thus cerowrt more stable, and speed up the pending barrier breaker
release of openwrt by a lot.

I have kind of taken 2 weeks off from cero and have to look at my
notes for what else is
a barrier to a stable release. As best I recall my last two wishlist
items were procd support
for babeld, and bcp38 support. We have issues still with upnp. hnetd,
and ohybridproxy are entirely untested, and I am fiddling with the
auto target/interval calculation with various methods.

Other stuff?

I am firing up a new ubnt build and giving an edgerouter build a shot.
With that stuff building
again I should be able to start bringing the yurtlab back online for
more extensive automated testing.