[Cerowrt-devel] cerowrt-3.10.32-9 released

Török Edwin edwin at etorok.net
Tue Mar 18 12:49:27 EDT 2014

On 03/18/2014 05:35 PM, Dave Taht wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 11:22 AM, Török Edwin <edwin at etorok.net> wrote:
>> Should I also run a rrul46/rrul46compete test?
>
> If you can test ipv6 too, that would be great.

Attached IPv6 results.

> At 8ms of induced extra latency without SQM there doesn't seem to be
> much point in running it on your platform. It does look like you are tail
> dropping...
>
> A thought would be to leave it
> off and try running your link at 100Mbit rather than gige.
>
> # ethtool -s ge00 advertise 0x008

Well ge00 already runs at 100Mbit, because ISP plugged me into a 100Mbit port on the switch:
        Advertised link modes:  10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
                                100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full
                                1000baseT/Half 1000baseT/Full
        Advertised pause frame use: No
        Advertised auto-negotiation: Yes
        Speed: 100Mb/s

They would plug me into a 1Gbit port only if I pay for 1Gbps connectivity, which is in fact only 7 EUR/month more, but its not available in my area yet :)

> and see if fq_codel alone can break up bursts better.
>
> I note that linux 3.14 TCP is now so highly debloated that it is really hard to
> compare the results we get with it with any TCP before it - the TSO offload
> fixes, tcp small queues, etc, have really shortened and made more accurate
> the control loops.
>
> second note is that the wndr can only forward packets at about 330Mbit
> without firewall rules. Add in the firewall rules and you are looking at
> sub 120mbit forwarding performance.

Good to know, not much point in purchasing 1Gbit connectivity from my ISP unless I also replace my router.

> I am jealous of your link. :)

Best regards,
--Edwin