[Cerowrt-devel] netflix through a sony BDP-S185 blue-ray player

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Wed Mar 19 21:29:14 EDT 2014

I am about to tear my hair out!

My WNDR3800 is running:

     CeroWrt Toronto 3.10.32-9 / LuCI Trunk (git-c9c65b3)

Thinking my existing Sony Blu-ray player (or USB wireless adapter) was
at fault, I picked up a Sony BDP-S5100 player on the way home tonight.
 I can get through the network setup, network status looks good and it
even claims the Internet is working now (whereas my other player would
say Failed).  But I can't download the network update or any
download/update content.  I went into the Network Diagnostics.  IPV6
test passes with flying colors.  IPV4 test fails with:

    Cannot communicate with DHCP Server

The advanced network settings say that IPV4 has priority.

I am at a loss as to what to try next.

- Jim

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us