[Cerowrt-devel] netperf-wrapper on osx?

Aaron Wood woody77 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 20:17:00 EDT 2014

yes.  I've been meaning to write this up.  here's the quick version (as
it's very late in Paris):

I followed these instructions, but ran into issues:
http://www.tschofenig.priv.at/wp/?p=963

- fping3 is needed (it's in Homebrew)
- netperf doesn't compile by default with the clang compiler, the static
inline methods need to be just static (gcc/clang incompatibility)

IIRC, that was all it took.

also, I highly recommend the head versions of both netperf and
netperf-wrapper, to get the restarting UDP ping streams.  At least, if
you're on a network that's going to see some noticeable packet loss during
the initial slow-start of all the TCP loads.

-Aaron