[Cerowrt-devel] word on wifi - tcp syn attempts rejected

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 15:49:39 EDT 2014

it appears that wifi is working fine. What may be going wrong for
jg is something related to lots of tcp syn attempts, particularly over
a he tunnel.

it takes a really long time (24 hours) for the problem to occur, once it occurs,
all syn attempts from a given interface (in jims case, 2.4ghz) never make it out
the router. things like dns traffic continue to work.

the only things looking at syns is the syn flood protection and (sigh)
conntrack,
I have disabled synflood protection on jims box and I guess I'll have
some results in 24 hrs.

If you get in a situation where dns works and attempts to use tcp
outside the net do not, please take a capture of the offending
interface.