[Cerowrt-devel] DNSSEC & NTP Bootstrapping

Phil Pennock cerowrt-devel+phil at spodhuis.org
Mon Mar 24 18:16:14 EDT 2014

On 2014-03-24 at 22:03 +0100, Toke Høiland-Jørgensen wrote:
> A functionality similar to this is already implemented in openwrt and
> runs as the first thing on boot. It finds the newest file in /etc and
> sets the system time to that:

Is dnsmasq maintaining the root trust anchors in /etc or in /var/lib
somewhere?  (sorry, am using unbound in highly hacked setup)

> I do believe it would be feasible to include your script without the
> preseed part pretty much as-is? It adds a dependency on dig, but I guess
> that is not unreasonable (certainly not for cerowrt, but maybe for
> openwrt default). The ntpdate dependency can probably be gotten away
> with by substituting an appropriate ntpd -q command...

I slapped my name on it as a copyright update, simply because I was
touching it and wanted blame for mistakes to come to me instead of
normal upstream, since I was posting to a(nother) mailing-list and
sometimes that spreads further than I expect.  I'm happy for this to be
used/modified/distributed under whatever the CeroWRT/OpenWRT default
license is.

So: go for it.

-Phil