[Cerowrt-devel] Fwd: wndr3800 replacement

Michael Richardson mcr at sandelman.ca
Fri Mar 28 14:40:43 EDT 2014

Mikael Abrahamsson <swmike at swm.pp.se> wrote:
    > I also think that it'll be very hard to find a box that is decently
    > priced
    > that also will do gig speeds *and* will do AQM, since most home
    > gateways that

So, I'm struggling to get a $700 Cisco (not Linksys) SOHO switch to forward
packets at GbE across my home LAN.   Gigabit ethernet in the home is actually
a reality.... and having a Gigabit LAN hit a 11Mb/s (half-duplex!) 802.11b
wireless means that in many homes, we actually need a box that satisfies
both.

My vote would be to double the price from $80 to $250, and set that as the
new base for cerowrt work.  If it can't forward more than 2-3 GbE links,
that is just fine.  I don't expect 24-ports of GbE.
(I was expecting that cisco switch to do that... sadly no lost packets
on a $100 unmanaged FE switch...)