[Cerowrt-devel] Fwd: wndr3800 replacement

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 15:56:53 EDT 2014

On Sat, Mar 29, 2014 at 12:27 PM, Martin Bailey <martin at pcalpha.com> wrote:
> The recently released v2 of the TP-Link Archer C7 router would be a
> pretty good low-cost replacement. It's fully open-source Atheros/Qualcomm,

Um, no, the ath10k depends on a binary blob. Which has been really
irksome. I do hope they open-source the firmware so we can make
more progress on incorporating better algorithms into wifi.

> includes a fairly high performance 720MHz SOC with 128MB RAM, 16MB
> flash and 6 dual-band antennas (AC1750) with very good range. It can
> be found for $99 right now. The first hardware revision isn't
> supported by the ath10k driver in OpenWRT so make sure to only
> consider v2.

It's not clear how to ensure you are buying a v2 through sites like amazon.

If you can find a good source for it let me know...