[Cerowrt-devel] Ubiquiti QOS

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Mon May 26 10:11:21 EDT 2014

On Mon, 26 May 2014, dpreed at reed.com wrote:

> I would look to queue minimization rather than "queue management" (which
> implied queues are often long) as a goal, and think harder about the
> end-to-end problem of minimizing total end-to-end queueing delay while
> maximizing throughput.

As far as I can tell, this is exactly what CODEL and PIE tries to do. They
try to find a decent tradeoff between having queues to make sure the pipe
is filled, and not making these queues big enough to seriously affect
interactive performance.

The latter part looks like what LEDBAT does?
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6817>

Or are you thinking about something else?