[Cerowrt-devel] Ubiquiti QOS

David P. Reed dpreed at reed.com
Mon May 26 11:31:12 EDT 2014

Codel and PIE are excellent first steps... but I don't think they are the best eventual approach.  I want to see them deployed ASAP in CMTS' s and server load balancing networks... it would be a disaster to not deploy the far better option we have today immediately at the point of most leverage. The best is the enemy of the good.

But, the community needs to learn once and for all that throughput and latency do not trade off. We can in principle get far better latency while maintaining high throughput.... and we need to start thinking about that.  That means that the framing of the issue as AQM is counterproductive.

-- Sent from my Android device with K-@ Mail. Please excuse my brevity.