[Cerowrt-devel] [Cerowrt-users] Static leases not working?

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue May 27 13:02:13 EDT 2014

cerowrt-devel is the right place.

On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 5:27 AM, R. <redag2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Dave, that worked!
>
> Only two more little issues that are bugging right now:
>
> 1. The Voip/ATA devices on the 'new' subnetwork (172.30.43.x) have a
> hard time accessing the internet. On every loss of connectivity, I
> have to configure the device to use a different port, after which it
> will finally reach the net. The Voip/ATA devices on the 'old'
> subnetwork (172.30.42.x) do not have that issue. All devices have the
> same configuration, except for the mapped SIP port.

Not clear to me what you are doing to "map" a port. Post your firewall
rules? Is upnp in play?

> 2. Heavy internet usage causes a crash on the Wi-Fi; almost on a daily
> basis. It looks like nbd (Felix?) has pushed a few good commits on the
> OpenWRT project that have mostly fixed this. I look forward to a new
> build of CeroWRT that includes them.

We are painfully aware of this problem. See bug 442. It is the sole
remaining blocker for a stable release.

Are you running with WPA enabled?

After taking a break from this for over a week (in part to build up the
yurtlab, in part because I needed to do some stuff that generated
revenue, and in part because I'd burned out)...

I'll do a new build for everyone and then start intensive tests again...

While felix just apparently fixed a LOT of broken stuff, none
of it looks to reflect directly on the characteristics of the problem
we see. I don't see a memory leak, (fixed in mac80211 just this
weekend) - what I see is possibly a memory corruption on the
crypto side.

I did complete a better build for the archer c7v2 that at least has
a semi-working switch. Ath10k crashes if you look at it funny.

> Otherwise, it's going great. Thank you for everything you've done so
> far with the project!
>
> (Oh, and I'd rather post on this users mailing list than to clutter
> the more dev-inclined mailing list, which I think is what it was made
> for. Please correct me if I should do otherwise.)

There are very few people on cerowrt-users and I'd just as soon
retire it in favor of not splitting the conversation.