[Cerowrt-devel] High Performance (SSH) Data Transfers using fq_codel?

David P. Reed dpreed at reed.com
Fri Nov 14 09:45:34 EST 2014

Filling intermediate buffers doesn't make the tcp congestion algorithms work.  They just kick in when the buffers are full! And then you end up with a pile of packets that will be duplicated which amplifies the pressure on buffers!

If there could be no buffering,the big file transfers would home in on the available capacity more quickly and waste fewer retransmit - while being friendly to folks sharing the bottleneck!

The HPC guys really don't understand a thing about control theory...

-- Sent from my Android device with K-@ Mail. Please excuse my brevity.