[Cerowrt-devel] bulk packet transmission

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 15:48:35 EDT 2014

I have some hope that the skb->xmit_more API could be used to make
aggregating packets in wifi on an AP saner. (my vision for it was that
the overlying qdisc would set xmit_more while it still had packets
queued up for a given station and then stop and switch to the next.
But the rest of the infrastructure ended up pretty closely tied to
BQL....)

Jesper just wrote a nice piece about it also.
http://netoptimizer.blogspot.com/2014/10/unlocked-10gbps-tx-wirespeed-smallest.html

It was nice to fool around at 10GigE for a while! And netperf-wrapper
scales to this speed also! :wow:

I do worry that once sch_fq and fq_codel support is added that there
will be side effects. I would really like - now that there are al
these people profiling things at this level to see profiles including
those qdiscs.

/me goes grumbling back to thinking about wifi.

https://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/make-wifi-fast