[Cerowrt-devel] wifi over narrow channels

David P. Reed dpreed at reed.com
Tue Oct 14 08:21:43 EDT 2014

David -

1) you are right that LBT fails because propagation does not allow a transmitter to hear the stations that might be transmitting on the same channel. But LBT need not be the optimal approach for the general idea of packet  multiplexing. A better decentralized approach is rts/cts. Think about it. Start with that idea and improve it... I'm leaving it there as a learning moment. You'll learn more by improving it than by having me tell you.

2) co channel separation was hard before computing and sampling became good. It is no longer hard unless you handicap your thinking by thinking it is hard.

3) spread spectrum is the first non- narrowband modulation technique. It is far from the best.  Consider very wideband wavelet coding...

4) subdivision of space time is wasteful in the extreme. Why try to create walls when the space around the walls becomes useless? The denser the walls in space time and frequency the more waste...

Radio is not the sin or cos function.  There is nothing in either Maxwell or QED  that invokes Fourier. Nothing.

-- Sent from my Android device with K-@ Mail. Please excuse my brevity.