[Cerowrt-devel] VLAN - enabling the VLAN functionality hangs my router - Potential Firmware bug or newbie finger trouble

All Seasons info at allseasonsuk.com
Tue Oct 21 09:33:36 EDT 2014

Hi Everyone,

I'm Phil from the UK and I'm looking to replace my TP-link  TL-R470T+ Load
Balancing router with a NetGear WNDR3800 running Cerowrt Firmware. Taking it as
red that no one really monitors Cerowrt-User I'm posting my issue here - hope
that's OK.

Currently I have two ADSL modems feeding the two configured WAN ports of the the
TL-R470T+ one is bridged and the other is routed on a different subnet. I would
like to both modem feeds bridged but the TL-R470T+ has a bug where only the
first WAN connection can be set up using PPPOE.

Initially all went well and I successfully installed Cerowrt  v3.10.50-1 on a
spare WNDR3700v2 I had in the cupboard. I then set about re-purposing one of the
LAN ports for use as a Second WAN interface. I intended to achieve this using
the VLAN support on the router and this is where my trouble started.

Navigating the Cerowrt menus thus Network > Switch and checking the box labelled
Enable VLAN functionality and clicking the Save & Apply results in the firmware
trying to apply the changes but it never completes this action and the router
becomes unresponsive. Rebooting the router doesn't change things but restoring
to the factory settings does bring the router back to life.

Am I doing some thing wrong or can anyone else replicate this?

Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.

Kind Regards

Phil