[Cerowrt-devel] 10GigE nics and SFP+ modules?

dpreed at reed.com dpreed at reed.com
Tue Sep 9 12:26:03 EDT 2014

I agree with you if you have to install Cat6a and Cat7 structured wiring in a building! What a nightmare trying to find contractors who can meet spec on junction boxes, etc. and do the right testing.  Every connector on the path is problematic.

But for "casual" home networking use or research lab experiments, copper is fine.  That was my point.  I think in a "rack-scale" datascenter networking situation. probably better to go with fiber, but copper costs are attractive.