[Cerowrt-devel] "unreachable" feature request for openwrt /etc/config/network or /etc/config/firewall

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 14:48:50 EDT 2014

I use the ip "unreachable" mechanism to export a covering route for
babel in cerowrt, so I don't have to export all the /27s, just the
/24, to other routers. I am presently dumping that one line of code
into /etc/firewall.user

e.g.:

ip route add unreachable 172.30.42.0/24 proto static

and running it out of /etc/config/firewall

It would be nice if this worked in /etc/config/network instead and
could be viewed in luci.

but I was unable to get it to work there with either the ip rule or ip
route mechanism.

ideas? methods?

https://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/make-wifi-fast