[Cerowrt-devel] Updates to the "Setting up an interior gateway router" page.

Jim Gettys jg at freedesktop.org
Thu Sep 11 16:06:33 EDT 2014

​
My exterior router has now been up for 40 days; bug 442 seems well and
truly dead!  I seldom survived more then 24 hours before 3.10.50.

I've started reconstituting my network empire, which had withered to a
single router to ensure I could reproduce 442 unambiguously and as quickly
as possible for debugging.  So I've just installed two fresh interior
routers, as I have a giant chimney mass that makes coverage in my house
poor.

I've just worked over the interior gateway router installation page found
at
http://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/cerowrt/wiki/Setting_up_an_interior_gateway_router
to simplify and correct some issues.   Life will get much simpler once
hnetd is ready for prime time, as it is mostly doing manually what hnetd
will automate for us.

Since my IPv6 addresses are not stable (if I need to re-install my exterior
router) , I've not worked over that section of the page and am living on
IPv4 on my interior routers.

We need a volunteer to write an installation page for those demented enough
to want to run CeroWrt in bridging mode, or at an alternate minimum, a page
to explain to people why they really don't want to do that ;-).

Jim