[Cerowrt-devel] ONetSwitch

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 13:21:52 EST 2015

I had fired them off an email a few days ago, it looked like very exciting
stuff,
and a good base for further efforts into getting core bits of code finally
into
hardware.

Assuming they reply sanely I plan to support their kickstarter, and I would
hope others here would too. I am not as broke as usual and was planning
on buying another zedboard, and will just send them that check instead.

I had already
assembled a similar set of stuff (zedboard, fmc 4 port card, netfpga´s DRR
implementation [1], the senic rate limiter [2]) - but lack time or funding
pursue that further.

These folk already are using a
much better 4 port chip for ethernet and seem to have assembled other
key pieces like pcie support, that make for building the "perfect" debloated
device all the more possible.

And their projected costs are about 1/20th what I would have expected to
do the same thing in the US for.

I have also realized that as much as I would like to be designing circuits
again
things like vivado have a steep learning curve. I really, really liked
chisel [3]
though. So leveraging their efforts for future hardware work strikes me as
a very good idea...

[1] https://github.com/NetFPGA/netfpga/wiki/DRRNetFPGA
[2] http://cseweb.ucsd.edu/~ssradhak/Papers/senic-nsdi14.pdf
[3] https://chisel.eecs.berkeley.edu/