[Cerowrt-devel] another contender for WNDR replacement

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Wed Feb 18 04:28:06 EST 2015

Hi Felix, hi List,

On Jan 25, 2015, at 12:09 , Felix Fietkau <nbd at openwrt.org> wrote:

> Here's another candidate:
> http://us.dlink.com/products/connect/wireless-ac1200-dual-band-gigabit-cloud-router-dir-860l/
>
> CPU: MT7621 (dual-core MIPS, 880 MHz, 4 virtual CPUs)
> The device has preliminary OpenWrt support already. In my tests, handles
> ~820 Mbit/s NAT without any special acceleration features (with fq_codel,
> no shaping). Haven't done any tests with shaping yet.
> Wifi (MT7612E) is still buggy with my mt76 driver, but I'll fix that in
> March when I get back from vacation.
>
> - Felix

	I am currently searching for a replacement for my wndr3700v2 as it is running out of steam on my temporary 100/40 Mbps link. This thing looks quite decent, but I notice between https://wikidevi.com/wiki/D-Link_DIR-860L_rev_A1 and https://wikidevi.com/wiki/D-Link_DIR-860L_rev_B1 that d-link reused the sam name for quite different hardware implementations, and only the more recent B1 revision will work for us. (Is it just me or do you also find this tendency to not even add the revision to the official name a bit annoying?)
	So, does anybody here now how to order a specific revision in Germany? Or is the only way to wait a bit and hope the A1 revision clears the retail channel so only B1’s are left? I notice that from looking at the internal photos for both devices posted on the FCC site that the old A1 Broadcom revision has its USB port "above" the ethernet ports while the B1 Mediatek revision has the USB port between DC in and below the ethernet ports. Am I correct in assuming that deployed hardware needs to match the FCC design exactly (that is, in case of revision a new FCC submission with new photos is required)?

Best Regards
	Sebastian