[Cerowrt-devel] Lost access to Web GUI

David Lang david at lang.hm
Wed Feb 25 17:21:01 EST 2015

On Wed, 25 Feb 2015, Toke Høiland-Jørgensen wrote:

> David Lang <david at lang.hm> writes:
>
>> No disagreement there, but microsoft did, and as a result what would
>> be needed is AD, not just kerberos.
>
> https://www.samba.org/samba/news/releases/4.0.0.html ? :)

Yep, that's what I was thinking of. But I don't know if it achieves that other
requirement (having an easy to use user interaction to manage)

>> There's also the problem that kerberos requires that the time be set
>> correctly, something that is very commonly not the case on home
>> devices (especially things like printers)
>
> Do common network-enabled printers actually support kerberos (or AD)?
> Even consumer-targeted devices?

I'd be surprised if they did.

Even if they did, do people really want to go to the hassle of connecting their
device to a domain when they are at a friend's house and need to print one
document?

David Lang