[Cerowrt-devel] CeroWrt bits not in OpenWrt (renamed thread)

David Lang david at lang.hm
Sat Feb 28 18:58:05 EST 2015

On Sat, 28 Feb 2015, David Lang wrote:

>> as an example, the wndr4300 uses vlans by default. The archer has 3
>> radios. Everything is just mildly, maddeningly,
>> different.
>
> :-)
>
> multiple radios makes sense, why does the wndr4300 use vlans by default?

I may have answered my own question. I just ran across a different system that
uses an 8-port switch, one port labeled WAN and the other four ports labeled
LAN1-4 and it uses VLANs internally to make the different interfaces for these.

can interface relabeling change eth0.2 to a functional name? or is it limited to
the base interface?

David Lang