[Cerowrt-devel] Recording RF management info _and_ associated traffic?

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 21:20:58 EST 2015

I'm trying to track down some poor wireless issues we are having at
work.  At random times the 5Ghz WLANs we have just go to hell.

I've been sniffing in monitor mode which has been quite enlightening
there's certainly a lot more going on in the 5Ghz channels than I was
expecting.

Monitor mode shows me loads of stuff I didn't know was there but what it
doesn't show me is how all that other traffic interacts with the traffic
on my ESS.

 From what I've been reading it seems like you with most cards you can't
grab the 802.11 management info and actual traffic on the network at the
same time.

Is this possible with a WNDR3[78]00 CeroWRT (or openWRT) setup?

--
Richard A. Smith