[Cerowrt-devel] Build instructions for regular OpenWRT with Ceropackages

dpreed at reed.com dpreed at reed.com
Wed Jul 1 11:37:37 EDT 2015

Mikael, very very helpful, thanks.

I now understand what you are trying to prove/test in your experiments, but there is definitely a need for cake when the dominant use is hi-bitrate WiFi (AC1900) talking to one or more 1 GigE wired paths.  And hi bitrate WiFi itself has significantly variable rate capability so it probably needs more feedback than cake might provide to deal with variability.

Since 100+ Mb/sec is supplied by many Internet Access Providers now,  it's timely to be able to process packets coming at those rates on the wireline side carried over 1 GigE (my provider, RCN, claims to offer 110+ here in Needham, but with an odd requirement that I buy their router if I get that service - I am trying to get to the bottom of what that is before I upgrade or switch to one of the two other providers, Comcast and Verizon. Maybe it is just that they want customers to not get screwed up if they have a router without 1GigE WAN adapter, complaining that they can't get 110.).

I'd like to see both whatever I get from the IAP, and also what my in-home NAS can provide, along with other services.