[Cerowrt-devel] Correct syntax for cake commands and atm issues.

Fred Stratton fredstratton at imap.cc
Fri Jul 10 07:13:24 EDT 2015

I transitioned from ceroWRT to lupin, now at undisclosed version 4, to
try cake. I have a renown poor ADSL line, connected to TalkTalk. After
getting a 60 GBP discount by negotiating with a woman and her imaginary
Manager friend in Bangalore a month ago, I have no intention of moving
to fibre.

The wiki page gives insufficient detail.

I am currently using a bridged device to connect to the internet, and so
have a pppoe-wan interface on the WNDR3800. I do not use PPPoA ever.

Whatever options I use with cake, the flow is either raw, or atm
overhead is listed as 0.

I do not know what commands - or probably, more correctly, options - can
be used, and in which order

incoming

... cake bandwidth 11500kbit besteffort

can you add atm overhead 38 (does not work, returns 0)

or are besteffort and atm mutually exclusive? Do I need to use the term
'flows' somewhere?

do terms such as 'pppoe-vcmux; need to be preceded by 'atm'?

More clarity is needed, I suggest, or a man page equivalent.

On June 20th what I am experiencing was described by Alan Jenkins on the
cake list.

I note the latest posting by DT on this Cero-devel list apparently using
an ADSL line as a source example, only uses raw flows.