[Cerowrt-devel] [Bloat] sqm-scripts on WRT1900AC

Pedro Tumusok pedro.tumusok at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 04:47:56 EDT 2015

Again, my take on it.

Mimo is using multipath to enhance signal and date rate. Basically multiple
antennas for tx and rx to leverage multipath propogation. But its always
between one ap and one client at the time, standard wifi stuff.
Mu-mimo is the same mimo effect, but it can talk to multiple clients at the
same time. Current wave 1 802.11ac chips only supports mimo and mu-mimo
will come in wave 2, I guess this autumn will see releases from the OEMs.

And Wikipedia does a much better job explaining it, than I can :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-user_MIMO

Pedro

Best regards / Mvh
Jan Pedro Tumusok