[Cerowrt-devel] ingress rate limiting falling short

Aaron Wood woody77 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 01:45:47 EDT 2015

I wrote this up on my blog, where I can intersperse text and graphs a bit


Basically, I ran a series of tcp_download tests, using increasing ingress
rates with sqm_scripts, and then used flent's box-plots to put the results
into a combined image for comparing.

On the 3800, it never meets the rate, but it's only off by maybe 5%.  But
on my new WRT1900AC, it's wildly off, even over the same performance range
(I tested it from 80-220Mbps rates in 20Mbps jumps, and saw from 40-150Mbps.

I have no idea where to start looking for the cause.  But for now, I'm just
setting my ingress rate MUCH higher than I should, because it's working out
to the right value as a result.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://lists.bufferbloat.net/pipermail/cerowrt-devel/attachments/20150602/bda4ff44/attachment-0002.html>

More information about the Cerowrt-devel mailing list