[Cerowrt-devel] performance numbers from WRT1200AC (Re: Latest build test - new sqm-scripts seem to work; "cake overhead 40" didn't)

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 18:14:04 EDT 2015

On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 1:24 PM, Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <toke at toke.dk> wrote:
> Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Unfortunately the core piece of metadata I wanted from the router was
>> the qdisc statistics. Didnt parse. Will file bug.
>
> My guess is that in this case it's due to the openwrt box missing the tc
> and ip binaries - those are not installed by default...
>
> Or rather, sqm-scripts pulls in the tc binary, I think, but Flent uses
> the ip binary to get the ip and route information to know from which
> interfaces to pull the qdisc information from...
>
> -Toke

I keep wanting to have a way to have the metadata occupy a bottom
panel, and be pre-expanded, rather than the side. Metadata is becoming
increasingly useful...

In other news: Thank you for this commit! I still keep wanting a
rewrite in something faster than python, or to buy myself a faster pc
when I load up 100 datasets, or find some parallization
opportunities... but.... this was noticibly faster.

Author: Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <toke at toke.dk>
Date:   Tue Jun 9 13:04:58 2015 +0200

    Don't copy raw_values when creating ResultSet.

    ~3.5x speed-up of loading data files with raw values. Not bad for a
    two-line patch... :)

worldwide bufferbloat report:
http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/results/bufferbloat
And:
What will it take to vastly improve wifi for everyone?
https://plus.google.com/u/0/explore/makewififast