[Cerowrt-devel] performance numbers from WRT1200AC (Re: Latest build test - new sqm-scripts seem to work; "cake overhead 40" didn't)

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 14:58:40 EDT 2015

On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 11:38 AM, Mikael Abrahamsson <swmike at swm.pp.se> wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Jun 2015, Dave Taht wrote:
>
>> Mikael, a simple test of the analysis I just did would be to use
>> ethtool to set your server to 100mbits (ethtool -s
>> your_ethernet_device advertise 0x008 and turn on fq_codel on both the
>> client and server.
>

> Hm what do you mean by "client" and "server"?
>
> Where do you want the queueing to happen? Egress from the WRT1200AC towards
> the server?

Yes.

> Then setting the WAN port of the WRT1200AC to 100 megabit/s
> would work, yes.

Yes, but I am unsure from looking at the driver that using ethtool on
the egress on the wrt1200ac will actually work, but
pretty sure it will work if you set it on the server. feel free to try both. :)

worldwide bufferbloat report:
http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/results/bufferbloat
And:
What will it take to vastly improve wifi for everyone?
https://plus.google.com/u/0/explore/makewififast