[Cerowrt-devel] performance numbers from WRT1200AC (Re: Latest build test - new sqm-scripts seem to work; "cake overhead 40" didn't)

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Sat Jun 27 14:23:57 EDT 2015

On Sat, 27 Jun 2015, Dave Taht wrote:

> Maybe you are dropping at the internal switch? A lot of manufacturers
> ran everything through the switch, even the uplink, in recent years.
> This will make things hard to fix.

Looking at the vlans and pvids it looks like they've connected the SoC to
port 5 and 6 on the switch, port 4 is the "Internet" port, and 0-3 is
LAN1-4 port. Sigh, I had hoped at least eth0 (WAN/Internet) was a
physically dedicated port.

root at OpenWrt:~# swconfig dev switch0 show
Global attributes:
         enable_vlan: 0
Port 0:
         mask: 0x004e: (0) 1 2 3 6
         qmode: 0
         status: link: up, speed: 1000 Mbps, duplex: full
         link: 1000
         pvid: 0
Port 1:
         mask: 0x004d: 0 (1) 2 3 6
         qmode: 0
         status: link: down
         link: 0
         pvid: 0
Port 2:
         mask: 0x004b: 0 1 (2) 3 6
         qmode: 0
         status: link: down
         link: 0
         pvid: 0
Port 3:
         mask: 0x0047: 0 1 2 (3) 6
         qmode: 0
         status: link: up, speed: 1000 Mbps, duplex: full
         link: 1000
         pvid: 0
Port 4:
         mask: 0x0020: (4) 5
         qmode: 0
         status: link: up, speed: 1000 Mbps, duplex: full
         link: 1000
         pvid: 0
Port 5:
         mask: 0x0010: 4 (5)
         qmode: 0
         status: link: up, speed: 1000 Mbps, duplex: full
         link: 1000
         pvid: 0
Port 6:
         mask: 0x000f: 0 1 2 3 (6)