[Cerowrt-devel] performance numbers from WRT1200AC (Re: Latest build test - new sqm-scripts seem to work; "cake overhead 40" didn't)

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 14:52:52 EDT 2015

Sigh.

It is possible, maybe, to build something using this chipset that does
not connect the wan port through the switch, built by someone else.
Maybe some other manufacturer did that. I had first evaluated this
chipset on the dual port mirabox, which as best as I recall had no
switch, two genuine ethernet ports (but it ran WAY too hot and at the
time, the kernel was ancient).

On Sat, Jun 27, 2015 at 11:23 AM, Mikael Abrahamsson <swmike at swm.pp.se> wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Jun 2015, Dave Taht wrote:
>
>> Maybe you are dropping at the internal switch? A lot of manufacturers
>> ran everything through the switch, even the uplink, in recent years.
>> This will make things hard to fix.
>

> Looking at the vlans and pvids it looks like they've connected the SoC to
> port 5 and 6 on the switch, port 4 is the "Internet" port, and 0-3 is LAN1-4
> port. Sigh, I had hoped at least eth0 (WAN/Internet) was a physically
> dedicated port.
>
> root at OpenWrt:~# swconfig dev switch0 show
> Global attributes:
>         enable_vlan: 0
> Port 0:
>         mask: 0x004e: (0) 1 2 3 6
>         qmode: 0
>         status: link: up, speed: 1000 Mbps, duplex: full
>         link: 1000
>         pvid: 0
> Port 1:
>         mask: 0x004d: 0 (1) 2 3 6
>         qmode: 0
>         status: link: down
>         link: 0
>         pvid: 0
> Port 2:
>         mask: 0x004b: 0 1 (2) 3 6
>         qmode: 0
>         status: link: down
>         link: 0
>         pvid: 0
> Port 3:
>         mask: 0x0047: 0 1 2 (3) 6
>         qmode: 0
>         status: link: up, speed: 1000 Mbps, duplex: full
>         link: 1000
>         pvid: 0
> Port 4:
>         mask: 0x0020: (4) 5
>         qmode: 0
>         status: link: up, speed: 1000 Mbps, duplex: full
>         link: 1000
>         pvid: 0
> Port 5:
>         mask: 0x0010: 4 (5)
>         qmode: 0
>         status: link: up, speed: 1000 Mbps, duplex: full
>         link: 1000
>         pvid: 0
> Port 6:
>         mask: 0x000f: 0 1 2 3 (6)
>         qmode: 0
>         status: link: up, speed: 1000 Mbps, duplex: full
>         link: 1000
>         pvid: 0

worldwide bufferbloat report:
http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/results/bufferbloat
And:
What will it take to vastly improve wifi for everyone?
https://plus.google.com/u/0/explore/makewififast