[Cerowrt-devel] did a chaos calmer openwrt build, untested

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 13:30:35 EDT 2015

On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 10:23 AM, Steven Barth <steven at midlink.org> wrote:

>> 3) Things I would like to be developing and then testing
>>   * latest dnsmasq code (with fixed date getting stuff to hopefully
>> finally make it up to openwrt)
>>
> Interesting are there any updates on this? I haven't followed this issue
> lately.

time getting still borked in dnsmasq-full so far as I know in mainline
openwrt.

>> We need some form of autodetection of whether or not IPV6_SUBTREES is
>> enabled in the kernel (whether in userspace or with additional kernel
>> support for making the query - perhaps with kernel support) -
>> presently that is a compile time only option in babel and I'd like it to
>> be the
>> default.
>>
> OpenWrt relies on subtrees to be enabled since it creates source-dest
> routes by default.

I would like the IPV6_SUBTREES facility to be enabled by default in
babel-1.6 generally, for distros that might not have got that feature
enabled. While I am pretty sure ubuntu, debian, and fedora have got this
option right, others may not, as yet.

And I have been trying to set aside the time for 2 years now to get atomic
updates working, with no such luck. Only thing I see that does it "right"
is ip route change.

Let's make wifi fast, less jittery and reliable again!

https://plus.google.com/u/0/107942175615993706558/posts/TVX3o84jjmb