[Cerowrt-devel] did a chaos calmer openwrt build, untested

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 12:58:09 EDT 2015

I folded in the following:

  * minstrel-blues
  * minstrel patches for minimum variance (hurts udp, helps tcp)
  * babel-1.6.0 release candidate
  * cake and the usual slew of alternate bufferbloat-fighting qdiscs

I intended to use this build to test my ubnt gear and the archer c7v2. It
is NOT cerowrt...

http://snapon.lab.bufferbloat.net/~cero3/ubnt/ar71xx/

1) But before I even got so far as trying that build, ran across this
ticket.

https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/19194

2) Is the consensus here we should resume using the "device naming by
security model" mode?

3) Things I would like to be developing and then testing
  * latest dnsmasq code (with fixed date getting stuff to hopefully finally
make it up to openwrt)
  * latest FIB patches backported to 3.18 (or, possibly, moving to 4.0)
  * babel with atomic routing updates
  * cake, etc.
  * bobbie (policer)
  * ???

4) Generic problem:

We need some form of autodetection of whether or not IPV6_SUBTREES is
enabled in the kernel (whether in userspace or with additional kernel
support for making the query - perhaps with kernel support) -
presently that is a compile time only option in babel and I'd like it to be
the
default.

Let's make wifi fast, less jittery and reliable again!

https://plus.google.com/u/0/107942175615993706558/posts/TVX3o84jjmb